I am super excited to share this post with you all today!
I am always looking for personal growth activities and ways to create my best life. Though, in order to create the life we truly want we need grow, improve and be better than we’ve been! This means we must make some changes, because if we don’t change our life won’t change.
On one of my many Pinterest binges I came across the concept of a “Level 10 Life“, mentioned in Hal Elrod’s book, The Miracle Morning.
What does this mean?
If we were to rate our success in life on a scale of 1 to 10 we would all want to reach “level 10” right? Well this is where the “Level 10 Life” concept comes from.
Elrod breaks down life into 10 major focus areas:
- Family & Friends
- Personal Growth & Development
- Significant Other/Romance/Relationships
- Fun & Recreation
- Contribution & Giving
- Health & Fitness
- Physical Environment (Home)
Now you rate your self on a scale of 0 to 10 in each of these areas; 0 meaning no satisfaction and 10 meaning you are completely satisfied in that area.
After you rate each area of your life, reflect and then find ways in which you can improve each of these areas over the next 30 days. I did this, by writing down a few goals I had for each of the areas. Below is a list of possible goal suggestions for each area to help you get started!
1. Family & Friends
- keep in touch with and reach out to friends and family more
- be more supportive to friends and family
- spend more quality time together
- make new friends
- make plans once a week with friends
- schedule a family dinner
2. Personal Growth & Development
- improve time management skills and utilize time better
- watch or listen to inspiring YouTube videos or TED talks
- Set goals at the beginning of each week or daily
- focus on gratitude and positivity more
- create affirmations
- Read at least one new book
- define what spirituality means to you
- create daily quite time, away from technology
- try meditation or yoga
- create a prayer or bible verse journal
- keep a daily reflection journal
- pay off credit card debt
- pay off student loans
- create a specific saving goal
- Buy a new car
- create a monthly, weekly or daily budget for yourself
5. Career & Business
- attend or speak at a conference
- spend time learning more about your profession
- network with others in your profession
- how can you improve in your career
- create goals within your career or business
6. Significant Other/Relationships
- do something fun together once per week
- say “I Love You” every day
- show more support to your partner
- start a new hobby together
- Learn what you can do to help your partner
- plan a vacation/getaway together
7. Fun & Recreation
- do something fun and new once per week
- start a new hobby
- travel somewhere you’ve never been
- learn a new skill
- do something on your bucket list
- go on a spontaneous adventure
8. Giving & Contributions
- give more to your church each week/month
- volunteer in your local community
- pay for a stranger’s gas or groceries
- do something nice for a friend
- send a card to someone in need
9. Health & Fitness
- eat more fruits and veggies
- exercise more each week
- try a fitness class
- cook a new healthy meal
- go for a walk each day
- join a gym, yoga studio or any other fitness facility
- run a race
10. Physical Environment (Home)
- plant a garden
- decorate or re-decorate a room in your home
- choose a place in your home to organize
- keep living space clean and organized
- personalize your home by adding pictures or plants
- fix things in home that need fixing
These goals can be as big or as small as you’d like them to be, whatever will help you to reach your full potential in life. Now, you are one step closer to your “level 10 life”.
I highly suggest writing down your goals or putting them into a bullet journal to help track your progress. Keeping your goals in sight each day will also hold you accountable.
After 30 days, revisit your goals. Re-rate yourself on a scale of 0 to 10 again. Now, see where you improved from your initial rating and where you can still improve in each area of life.
What will your “level 10 life” look like? I highly encourage you to make your own list of goals and have fun tracking your journey to your “Level 10 Life”!